In an effort to provide a healthier option to tater tots, I came across this recipe from Kirbie’s Cravings. They turned out to be a great side dish as well as a leftover snack for the next day :). The recipe and the photo credit are from http://kirbiecravings.com/2016/02/parmesan-zucchini-tots.html.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded and lightly patted dry zucchini (about 1 1/2 medium zucchini)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned panko bread crumbs (you really do need panko to get a nice crunch – I used plain panko crumbs and added my own oregano, parsley, and garlic)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- After shredding zucchini and patting dry, preheat oven to 400 degF. Add egg, cheese, and breadcrumbs to the shredded zucchini an mix thoroughly.
- Take about 1 tbsp. of mix and squeezing in the palm of your hand, shape into a tater-top shape (this also squeezes some water out to help the tots not be too soggy).
- Bake at 400 degF for 20 minutes or so, turn tots and bake for another 5-10 minutes (until all sides are a golden brown).
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!